By Tunisha: What is the one thing that the happiest and most successful people in this world have in common? They all meditate and practice mindfulness daily.
In this article, I wanted to share my insights with you about MEDITATION and MINDFULNESS. It is a topic that is very close to my heart and investing time in learning to meditate and being more mindful will not only can change the way you think, process emotions and communicate, but it will help bring “good” love into your life and essentially you can manifest the greatest life you have ever dreamed of.
I have been fascinated with the brain and how it works since I was very young which led me to extensive studying and working in the neuroscience field for the last 20 years.
An area that the brain has a huge influence over is meditation and mindfulness. When you look at the scientific literature around regular meditation, it has shown that it changes the function and structure of our brains.
What is Mindfulness and Meditation?
Mindfulness is simply being present and being aware of your current surroundings. Meditation assists with this and has been shown to significantly reduce stress, anxiety and illness.
Meditation is a practice that allows us to quiet our mind and focus on the present. When you are truly in a meditative state you go beyond your own awareness and surroundings to a place that many describe as peaceful, happy, calm and blissful.
The Science Behind Meditation
When you meditate the brain produces alpha and theta waves. Alpha waves are activated when the brain is in a resting state but still awake. It is linked to right-brain activity so influences creativity, memory and intuition.
Theta waves are sometimes described as the brain frequency between your conscious and subconscious state. Theta activity is high just before you fall asleep or when you first wake up. When the mind is in a theta state it can enhance deep learning by storing information in your long-term memory. But learning to meditate and to reach a theta state is when you change your negative emotions and allow the healing to take place. The release of emotional energy during meditation can also result in crying or laughing.
What are the Benefits of Meditation?
People who meditate daily have shown to have more grey matter in their pre-frontal cortex. The pre-frontal cortex is primarily involved with planning and decision making. People with more grey matter have been shown to have greater self-control.
- Meditation improves concentration and lengthens attention span.
- Meditation reduces anxiety and stress.
- Meditation can help people recover from various types of addiction.
- Meditation may reduce age-related memory loss.
- Meditation can generate kindness by increasing your compassion to yourself and others.
- Meditation gives you greater control over your emotions.
- Meditation can help enhance self-awareness – you have a greater understanding of yourself.
- Meditation improves Sleep – you can fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer.
- Meditation can help control or alleviate pain especially in stressful situations.
- Meditation has overall health benefits like decreasing your blood pressure.
So simply speaking, with meditation and practice you can rewire your brain to change your life for the better! The Power is within YOU!
As an intuitive psychic it is important for me to meditate before I log on to LifeReader to speak with you. Meditation gives me a more powerful connection to the “divine source” which allows me a stronger connection to you to give you those answers that you seek.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Blessings, Love and Light,
Latest posts by Tunisha (see all)
- The Science Of Love - May 6, 2020
- Feeling And Communicating With Your Twin-Flame During Separation - April 13, 2020
- How Your Thoughts Become Your Reality - March 25, 2020