Regardless of the type of relationship that is being discussed, there are some basic rights for all individuals to have whilst experiencing the relationship in question.
They are as follows:
1. The right to goodwill from each other.
2. The right to emotional support.
3. The right to be heard by the other and to be responded to with courtesy.
4. The right to have your own view, even though it is different to the other person
5. The right to have your feelings and experiences acknowledged as real even if the other person does not share the same view of those experiences and feelings.
6. The right to receive a sincere apology for any jokes you found offensive.
7. The right to clear and informative answers to questions that concern what is legitimately your business.
8. The right to live free from accusations and blame.
9. The right to live free from criticism and judgement.
10. The right to have your work and your interests spoken of with respect.
11. The right to encouragement.
12. The right to live free from emotional and physical threats.
13. The right to live free from angry outbursts and rage.
14. The right to be called by no names that devalue you.
15. The right to be respectfully asked rather than ordered.
All the best
Latest posts by Esther (see all)
- Are You Possibly Being Used? - April 3, 2017
- Why Good People Choose Bad People In Romantic Relationships - February 28, 2017
- Addictions And Those Caught Up In Them - February 20, 2017